Get Your Microwaves Ready: Orville Redenbacher's Celebrates Only Real Ingredients Just In Time For National Popcorn Day On January 19
Updated Ingredients on Many Orville Redenbacher's Flavors Fulfill Promise of "Joy in Every Bite"
CHICAGO, Jan. 17, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Popcorn Day, observed annually on January 19th, Orville Redenbacher's is giving popcorn lovers more reasons than ever to celebrate, with the launch of Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn made with only real ingredients. 100% of the ingredients in Orville Redenbacher's leading varieties of microwave popcorn now come from natural sources, with no artificial preservatives, flavors or dyes. America's leading microwave popcorn is also 100% whole grain, gluten-free, made with non-GMO popcorn, and contains zero grams of Trans Fats per serving. New packaging, debuting in 2019, will highlight these popcorn attributes.
"National Popcorn Day is the perfect time to enjoy the family-friendly snack that's hot, fresh and shareable, now with only real ingredients," said Kevin Moses, Orville Redenbacher's senior brand manager. "We have been working tirelessly on our recipe to give consumers more of what they want in a warm, satisfying snack, and we're proud of the results."
Being real is no secret to the Orville Redenbacher's brand. In 1952, Orville Redenbacher himself hand-selected a small group of family farmers to grow his exclusive kernel. Generations later, farmers like Richard Overmyer continue to grow Orville's special kernel that pops up lighter and fluffier.
In addition, to help popcorn lovers celebrate National Popcorn day at home this year, Orville Redenbacher's has put together a few tips:
- Mix it up! Microwave popcorn is perfect for adding mix-ins, with popular combinations including dried fruit, mixed nuts, dark chocolate and a wide array of spices and seasonings.
- Make Sure Your Microwave Oven Is Clean: To get the most out of your popping experience, Orville recommends you use a clean microwave oven every time.
- Cook Your Popcorn to "Sound": Because microwave ovens vary, always cook your popcorn to "sound"—and listen to the pop to know when to stop.
- Maximize Taste: To maximize taste, shake contents of bag before pouring into bowl. This will help coat the popcorn with the flavor. To maximize crispness, be sure to open or vent the bag immediately after cooking.
- Store Your Popcorn for Freshness: Store product in a cool place such as a cupboard out of direct sunlight. Avoid the refrigerator. Some say the cold storage makes the popcorn taste better, but many refrigerators contain little moisture and can dry out kernels. Always keep your popcorn bags sealed in the original plastic wrapper until you're ready to begin cooking.
Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn made with Only Real Ingredients includes the following varieties:
- Cheddar Cheese
- Home Recipe
- Light Butter
- Movie Theater Butter
- Naturals Simply Salted
- Naturals Light Classic Butter & Sea Salt
- Naturals Light Simply Salted
- SmartPop!® Butter
- Tender White
- Ultimate Butter
Orville Redenbacher's Microwave Popcorn is available at grocery stores and major retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $4.99 for a pack of six bags. For inspiring recipe ideas and more information on Orville Redenbacher's full collection of microwave popcorn and kernels, visit www.orville.com.
About Conagra Brands
Conagra Brands, Inc. (NYSE: CAG), headquartered in Chicago, is one of North America's leading branded food companies. Guided by an entrepreneurial spirit, Conagra Brands combines a rich heritage of making great food with a sharpened focus on innovation. The company's portfolio is evolving to satisfy people's changing food preferences. Conagra's iconic brands, such as Birds Eye®, Duncan Hines®, Healthy Choice®, Marie Callender's®, Reddi-wip®, and Slim Jim®, as well as emerging brands, including Angie's® BOOMCHICKAPOP®, Duke's®, Earth Balance®, Gardein®, and Frontera®, offer choices for every occasion. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com.
For all media inquiries, please contact:
Shannon Frieser, Ketchum
Dan Skinner, Conagra Brands
SOURCE Conagra Brands, Inc.