Conagra Brands Foundation
Food insecurity exists in every county of our nation, and we believe that together we can change this.
Conagra Brands and the Conagra Brands Foundation are committed to making an impact and raising awareness of food insecurity. We work together, engaging our employees, partnering with local and national nonprofit leaders, and inspiring others across the country to create a world where all people have access to the food they need to reach their full potential.
We’ll continue to focus our efforts and resources in our pursuit to find effective solutions to impact the issue of hunger in the communities where our employees live and work
The Conagra Brands Foundation builds national partnerships with leading nonprofit organizations with the goal of improving the quality of life by taking action to impact hunger.
Conagra Brands partners with Feeding America, and its nationwide network of 200 food banks across the U.S. We help provide increased access to innovative feeding programs, such as Hunger Free Summer, and build capacity at local food banks through investing in the Child Hunger Corps, a program that conducts a detailed community needs assessment, ultimately leading to expanded child hunger relief initiatives.
Partnerships at this level are personally solicited by the Conagra Brands Foundation and are not facilitated through a request-for-funding process.
Conagra Brands employees care deeply about the communities in which they live and work. The Conagra Brands Foundation engages employees through various company-giving programs:
- Nourish Our Community: Our annual Nourish Our Community program provides employees with a unique and direct way to become involved in the grant-making process, exposing a wide range of needs that exist in their communities. Employees are encouraged to nominate eligible nonprofit organizations to apply for a grant, and each request is reviewed by a committee of employees representing various departments.
- Matching Gifts: Our Matching Gifts program maximizes the impact of employee charitable giving. The program matches personal donations made by eligible employees, dollar for dollar, up to $1,500 per year, to eligible organizations whose primary purpose falls into one of the eligible categories: Post-Secondary Education, Hunger Relief, Health and Wellness or Nutrition Education, Community Development, Environment and Arts and Culture.
- Dollars for Doers: Through our Dollars for Doers program, the Conagra Brands Foundation provides an opportunity for individual grants to qualified nonprofit organizations where an eligible employee has volunteered their personal time over the course of the calendar year. Grants are made in honor of the employee to recognize their commitment to the community.
- The Conagra Brands Foundation National Merit Program provides scholarship money for Conagra Brands families whose children attain superior scores on the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test. Students must take this test during their junior year of high school to qualify as National Merit Scholars.
- The Mike Harper Leadership Scholars Program provides financial assistance for employees’ children who have the potential to be leaders in their chosen fields. Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Charles M. (Mike) Harper led our company to become a $21 billion food industry leader during his 18-year tenure.
- The Gary and Barbara Rodkin Scholarship Fund, personally funded by former Chief Executive Officer Gary Rodkin and his wife Barbara Rodkin, provides scholarships to children of employees who are paid on an hourly basis – employees such as production workers, customer service coordinators, accounting specialists, administrative assistants and others who fill these vital roles for the company – to make scholarship money more accessible where it can have a significant impact.
Local grants made by the Conagra Brands Foundation support efforts to impact hunger in communities where Conagra Brands operates. Through our Community Impact Grants program, we partner with impactful, grassroots organizations working to improve the quality of life for people facing food insecurity in areas where our employees live and work.