Conagra Brands Foundation
We believe everyone has a right to healthy and nutritious food. However, this is not the reality for many, as food insecurity exists in every county of the United States.
To make an impact and raise awareness of food insecurity, the Conagra Brands Foundation engages our employees, partners with leading local and national nonprofits, and inspires others to create a world where people have access to the food they need to reach their full potential.
The Conagra Brands Foundation develops national partnerships with leading nonprofit organizations to leverage expertise and resources that ensure people have access to quality, wholesome food and knowledge to live healthy, active lives.
Conagra Brands partners with Feeding America and its network of 200 food banks across the U.S. Together, we increase access to innovative programs such as Hunger Free Summer and improve capacity at local food banks. A key initiative is our investment in Child Hunger Corps, a capacity-building program that evaluates community needs, ultimately expanding the impact of child hunger relief programs.
Conagra Brands and its employees care deeply about the communities in which they live and work. The Conagra Brands Foundation engages employees through a variety of programs:
- Nourish Our Community provides employees with a unique and direct way to become involved in the grant-making process while exposing a wide range of needs that exist in their communities. Employees are encouraged to nominate eligible nonprofit organizations to apply for a grant, and each request is reviewed and voted upon by a cross-functional committee of employees.
- Matching Gifts maximizes the impact of employee charitable giving. The program matches personal donations made by eligible employees, dollar for dollar, up to $1,500 per calendar year, to eligible organizations whose primary purpose falls into one of the eligible categories: Post-Secondary Education, Hunger Relief, Health and Wellness, Nutrition Education, Community Development, Environment, and Arts and Culture.
- Dollars for Doers provides grants to qualified nonprofit organizations where an eligible employee has volunteered their personal time over the course of the calendar year. Grant amounts range from $250 to $500 and are made directly to the nonprofit in recognition of employee volunteerism.
- United Way is the only campaign we conduct that encourages all U.S. employees to support their local communities. The Conagra Brands Foundation recognizes exceptional campaign results by providing an incremental contribution to the United Way in the community where the campaign was conducted.
- The Mike Harper Leadership Scholars Program provides financial assistance for employees’ children who have the potential to be leaders in their chosen fields. This program is named after former Chairman and CEO Charles M. (Mike) Harper.
- The Gary and Barbara Rodkin Scholarship Fund is funded by former CEO Gary Rodkin and his wife Barbara and provides scholarships to the children of employees who are paid on an hourly basis.
Through our community impact grant program, the Conagra Brands Foundation continues to build upon our rich heritage of investing in the communities where Conagra Brands operates. We partner with respected community-based nonprofits that provide highly effective programs to transform people’s lives.
Through the Community Impact grant process, the Conagra Brands Foundation invites U.S. based nonprofit organizations to submit one online letter of intent (LOI) annually between November 1 and April 30. The LOI must strategically align with our core areas of focus which include: food access, nutrition education, cooking skills, healthy and active lifestyles and select urban agricultural programs that have a clear community focus and provide entrepreneurial skills to help individuals participate in the farm-to-fork economy. Preference is given to highly effective nonprofits with high-impact projects that occur in and near the communities where our employees live and work.
Please click the following link to access the online system to register and apply for a community grant: www.cybergrants.com/conagra/welcomepage.